Deadlines and Tips for Year-End Giving
We appreciate your generous giving during this holiday season. To make the process simple, we’ve developed deadlines and tips for your year-end giving to any of our funds or from your Donor-Advised Fund.
Deadlines to Ensure 2018 Tax Deduction Eligibility
To ensure your gift to the Foundation fund of your choice meets the IRS deadline for 2018 tax deduction eligibility, please follow the guidelines below.
- Checks – Must be postmarked by Monday, December 31. Please make checks payable to Roman Catholic Foundation/<<Name of Fund>>.
- Online Donations – Must be submitted by midnight, Monday, December 31.
- Stocks/marketable securities – Must be received in the Foundation’s brokerage account by 12:00 p.m., Monday, December 31. Instructions for transferring marketable securities
- Wire Transfers – Must be received by 2:00 p.m., Monday, December 31.
- ACH – Must be received by 2:00 p.m., Monday, December 31.
Tips for Recommending Grants from a Donor-Advised Fund
- If you want your grant to be delivered to the recommended grantee by December 31, submit recommendation by 5:00 p.m., Thursday, December 20. Grants from recommendations received between December 21 and December 31 will be mailed in January 2019.
- Access DonorCentral to make grant recommendations and view details of your fund by visiting rcfstl.org and clicking “Login” in the upper right corner of the page followed by “Fund Access Login.”
- When searching for a grantee organization on DonorCentral, begin typing the name, then scroll through the list that appears to find the correct organization.
- When submitting multiple grant recommendations through DonorCentral, click “Save for Later” rather than “Submit” after checking “I Agree.” This will allow you to review your list and submit collectively from the Home page.
- For assistance in recommending grants, please contact Tiffany Hunt, Senior Accountant, (email@example.com, 314.792.7050) or Suann Fields, Director of Finance (firstname.lastname@example.org, 314.918.2894).
The Roman Catholic Foundation will be closed from 2:00 p.m. on Friday, December 21 through Christmas day. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and a happy New Year!
The Roman Catholic Foundation builds endowed funds that will support Catholic parishes, schools and ministries throughout the Archdiocese of St. Louis for generations to come.
Roman Catholic Foundation of Eastern Missouri
Tax Identification Number: 46-3309222
Roman Catholic Foundation
12 Archbishop May Drive
St. Louis, MO 63119