Deadlines and Tips for Year-End Giving 2021
We appreciate your generous giving during this holiday season. To assist you, we’ve developed deadlines and tips for your year-end gifts to any of our funds at the Roman Catholic Foundation or grants from your Donor-Advised Fund.
Deadlines to Ensure 2021 Tax Deduction Eligibility
To ensure your gift to the Foundation fund of your choice meets the IRS deadline for 2021 tax deduction eligibility, please follow the guidelines below.
- Checks – Must be postmarked by Friday, December 31. Please make checks payable to Roman Catholic Foundation/<<Name of Fund>>.
- Online Donations – Must be submitted by midnight, Friday, December 31.
- Stocks/Marketable Securities – Must be received in the Foundation’s brokerage account by 12:00 p.m., Friday, December 31. Instructions for transferring marketable securities.
- Wire Transfers – Must be received by 2:00 p.m., Friday, December 31.
- ACH – Must be received by 2:00 p.m., Friday, December 31.
- Other Assets (e.g., real estate, closely held stock) – Please contact Michael Weisbrod, Senior Gift Planning Officer, to discuss your options.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 314.918.2893
Tips for Recommending Grants from a Donor-Advised Fund
- If you would like your grant to be delivered to the recommended grantee by December 31, please submit your recommendation by 5:00 p.m., Friday, December 17. We cannot guarantee that grant recommendations received after December 17 will be mailed before year-end.
- Access DonorCentral to make grant recommendations and view details of your fund by visiting rcfstl.org/gateway.
- When submitting multiple grant recommendations through DonorCentral, click “Save for Later” rather than “Submit” after checking “I Agree.” This will allow you to review your list and submit collectively from the Home page.
- For assistance in recommending grants, please contact Christina Duepner, Senior Accountant. email@example.com | 314.918.2895
The Roman Catholic Foundation will be closed from 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 23 through Friday, December 24. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and a happy New Year!
The Roman Catholic Foundation builds endowed funds that will support Catholic parishes, schools and ministries throughout the Archdiocese of St. Louis for generations to come.
Roman Catholic Foundation of Eastern Missouri
Tax Identification Number: 46-3309222
Roman Catholic Foundation
425 North New Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63141