A Message on Stewardship at the Roman Catholic Foundation
The Roman Catholic Foundation’s mission is to sustain our local Church for future generations. We work to fulfill this mission by inspiring donors to make planned gifts that build endowment funds to benefit local Catholic parishes, schools and ministries in perpetuity.
The Foundation is committed to good stewardship. Key aspects of our stewardship practices include:
- As a 501(c)(3) public charity, the Roman Catholic Foundation is independent from the Archdiocese of St. Louis and is governed by a board of trustees.
Focus on Donor Intent
- The Foundation abides by the Association of Fundraising Professional’s Code of Ethical Standards, which requires that “contributions are used in accordance with donors’ intentions.” In starting and managing each of our 147 funds and other planned gifts, the Foundation has done just that and will continue to do so.
- The Foundation led Beyond Sunday, a campaign to provide for parish needs and sustain Catholic education in the Archdiocese of St. Louis. No Beyond Sunday funds have been or will be used for any purpose other than those stated in the campaign case for support.
Though pledge redemption continues through 2021, Beyond Sunday has already made a $70.4 million impact on our local Catholic community.
- $30.9 million distributed to parishes
- $7.2 million awarded in scholarships
- $2.3 million awarded in school grants
- $30 million invested in the Beyond Sunday Education Endowment Fund
Accountability and Transparency
- The Foundation’s Audited Financial Statements and IRS Forms 990 are available for public review at rcfstl.org/financials.
- We have earned GuideStar’s Platinum Seal of Transparency, the highest rating offered by the world’s largest source of nonprofit information, and are Better Business Bureau accredited.
Our community is filled with devoted and generous Catholics. The Roman Catholic Foundation understands the serious responsibility of stewarding the gifts of these individuals and families.
If you have questions or concerns, I would be happy to address them. Please contact me at 314.918.2890 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Mark J. Guyol
President & CEO
The Roman Catholic Foundation builds endowed funds that will support Catholic parishes, schools and ministries throughout the Archdiocese of St. Louis for generations to come.
Roman Catholic Foundation of Eastern Missouri
Tax Identification Number: 46-3309222
Roman Catholic Foundation
425 North New Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63141