Note: The Foundation will begin to offer Charitable Gift Annuities in June 2016.
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to the Roman Catholic Foundation, benefiting your favorite parish, school, or ministry. Our suggested minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, the Roman Catholic Foundation, benefiting your favorite parish, school, or ministry, begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for a period of years that you determine.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 65 to begin receiving payments and must be at least 40 to fund the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to the Roman Catholic Foundation, benefiting your favorite parish, school, or ministry, at the end of the term of years.
- Commuting payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can target your annuity payments for the period of years when you need them, such as between retirement and when you are eligible for full Social Security benefits.
- The shorter the period of payments, the higher each payment will be.
- More details on Commuted Payment Gift Annuities.
- Frequently asked questions on Commuted Payment Gift Annuities
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.