How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to the Roman Catholic Foundation, benefiting your favorite parish, school, or ministry.
- The Roman Catholic Foundation, to benefit your favorite parish, school, or ministry, sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- Use our Stock Transfer Form to facilitate the gift.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The “cost” of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.